Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!

You may be surpised to hear this, but Halloween is not my favorite holiday. As someone who dresses up at various events all year long, it sort of seems like amateur hour. Nothing against it, mind you, it's just I like to save my truly unique, creative costumes for bigger events like DragonCon or ComicCon, where people take costuming seriously.

In any case, I pulled this costume off, last minute, with things I already owned. (I have a bit suitcase full of costume items at my apartment.) In case you can't tell, I'm supposed to be a Catholic School Girl cat. ^_^ Figured it was kind of mangaesque.

Sadly, in this photo, you can't see my tail. But check out my Skelanimals skirt! I LOVE the skelanimals!! The hat is something I bought handmade from last year's New York Comic Con. Label says "Boshi-Basiik". It's sooo cute, huh? The shirt belongs to Jacob, as do the rosary beads, from his days in Catholic school.










What did you guys dress up as?

Happy Halloween!!
Mari

4 comments:

Alessandra said...

I have three hats from there. They were great for Long Island winters, but just didn't do any good once I moved up to Buffalo.

Cherie said...

Awww.. You is so cute! I was House Slytherin this year. :)

Unknown said...

Alessandra - mine was TOO warm - it was like 60 degres in NYC last night!

Cherie - I want a pic!!

sierra said...

i was a evil little red ridding hoof