Tuesday, February 07, 2012

New Read Tuesday: Brave New Love



I'm really excited about this new dystopian anthology that's just being released. It says February 14th as the release date, but Amazon's already got them in stock and I've already got my copy on the way.

The antho is called Brave New Love and features stories from some amazing authors--both new and classic--including Jeanne DuPrau (City of Ember), Kiera Cass (The Selection), William Sleator (Interstellar Pig), Jesse Karp (Those That Wake), Diana Peterfreund (Secret Society Girl), Carrie Vaughn (The Kitty Norville Series), and Carrie Ryan (New York Times bestseller The Forest of Hands and Teeth).

While I'm sure all the stories are great, I already have a favorite. Diana Peterfreund shared with me an early draft of her story, "Foundlings" and I just ate it up. I don't want to give too much away, but it deals with teen pregnancy in a world that's not all that far removed from our own. You know how some dystopian stories are set in these crazy societies that you just know could never really exist here on Earth? Well, Diana's setting feels eerily plausible, especially after reading some recent headlines. Even more so, since I first read it when I was pregnant myself, last year. Scary stuff! But, like, in a good, entertaining kind of way!

Anyway, I'm sure all the other stories are equally awesome, so I highly suggest you grab yourself a copy. I'll report back after I get mine in the mail from Amazon.

What are some good dystopian books you've read lately?

MARI

No comments: